Thursday, January 24, 2013

Using Humira (in pictures)

My box of 4 Humira syringes (One month's worth).

One pre-packaged syringe.  

My set up.  I always close myself in the bathroom, to keep the cats and dogs from messing me up.  I lay everything out on the toilet lid (sometimes I bring a snack too).  This is the syringe and an alcohol wipe.

Me getting ready.  (Gotta psych myself up)
You have to get the little bit of air out of the top.  This one is prepped.

Clean the area, then stab away.  (I'm not quite this fat, but I sit slumped so I have a good place to stab into). (At this point you're suppose to pull the plunger back to make sure you didn't hit blood, but I always skip this part).

The after; hard to see.  A red dot, and some Humira leaking out.


A used sharp.

My make-shift sharps container.  (Those aren't all mine, the little white ones are from my dad's Forteo)

No comments:

Post a Comment